Did you Know this About Garlic?
Does Garlic Really Keep Vampires Away?
- April 19th of every year is national garlic day.
- Garlic is actually considered both a vegetable and an herb.
- Garlic has been used medicinally for thousands of years since ancient Greek and Roman times.
- Garlic is believed to ward off heart disease, cancer, colds, and flu. The consumption of garlic lowers blood cholesterol levels. and reduces the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
- Garlic is said to fight off evil spirits and keep vampires away.
- The smell of garlic can be removed by running your hands
under cold water while rubbing a stainless steel object.
- Garlic is a member of the onion family which also includes
leeks and shallots.
- The majority of garlic (90%) grown in the United States comes from California.
- Egyptian slaves built the pyramids on a diet of garlic,
bread, and water.
- In medieval times, garlic was regarded as an antidote to drunkenness and overeating.
- There are over 300 varieties of garlic grown all over the world.
To learn more about the health benefits of garlic, click on this link: The Health Benefits of Cooked Garlic